CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
We recognise that Encraft must be aware of, and responsible for, the impacts upon society and the environment that arise through the provision of our products and services. We take our corporate social responsibilities seriously and we are committed to understanding, managing and monitoring our environmental and social impact. We reflect these commitments in a family of principles which are embedded in our wider policies and practices. As a minimum, we will meet or exceed all relevant legislation. Where no legislation exists we will seek to develop and implement our own appropriate standards.
Shared Responsibility – Social and environmental responsibility involves everyone. We aim to develop and implement social and environmental policies which fit in with our everyday activities and responsibilities.
Continuous Improvement – We are committed to improving our performance. We will take into account technical developments, changing scientific evidence, costs and client concerns and expectations in the development and implementation of all new social and environmental policies and procedures. We will monitor our performance, set objectives for improvements and report our progress. We encourage stakeholders to communicate with us and will seek their views.
Honesty and Accountability – We will operate with sound ethical principles. We will communicate our environmental policies, objectives and performance openly and honestly.
Environment – We are committed to preventing pollution, with a particular focus on CO2 emissions. We will take all reasonable steps to manage our operations so as to minimise our environmental impact and to promote good environmental practice. We will set and follow high standards in engineering, quality and safety. We will regularly review our business practices and performance to identify how we can improve our energy efficiency and minimise waste.
Business Conduct – We will conduct our business relationships with integrity and courtesy, and honour our trading commitments. Our aim is to build long-term relationships with our suppliers and support small, local, and specialist companies where possible. We are committed to trading fairly.
Communities – We will build relationships with our clients, suppliers and the local communities we are part of by encouraging our staff to think long-term and consider the needs of others.
Staff – We respect our staff and colleagues and encourage their development and training. We aim to empower people and we will recognise individual contributions and reward people fairly. We aim to provide fulfilling careers through worthwhile and satisfying employment in a successful business
Encraft has the objective of delivering a best in class service, impartial and independent of manufacturers and energy suppliers. Services will be aligned with client requirements at all times. This involves developing and following agreed plans within approved policies.
Every member of staff must:
• communicate effectively
• interpret and understand each client’s requirement, anticipating where possible
• complete each task to the best of their ability in a timely and conscientious manner
The organisation is committed to measuring performance, continuously improving operations and developing a professional and efficient service. We comply with ISO9001.
The Company is committed to the creation of a future that is sustainable both ecologically and economically, driven by diverse individual aspirations.
With our clients:
• we aim to provide the best possible advice to minimise their carbon footprint within the context of their overall business purpose and objectives
• we calculate and track the effect our recommendations will have on carbon emissions on an annual basis
Within the company:
• we seek to minimise carbon emissions and our impact on the environment
• we aim to minimise our own waste through recycling
• we comply with all legislation and other relevant statutory guidance and codes
• we continuously challenge working practices seeking imaginative and sustainable improvements
• we strive for a transparent and open culture, respecting individual aspirations and creating a flexible and fulfilling working environment
With our suppliers:
• we support suppliers engaged in sustainable management practices and supply chains, particularly those who use innovative and sustainable energy solutions in their work
• we seek to influence organisations who are contributing unnecessarily to climate change or pollution
In all cases, we take a systemic view of our operations and those of others. We avoid focusing on one aspect of a product or service (e.g., that it is recycled) without understanding the wider context (e.g., the energy used in production, the distance it is transported, and the chemicals used to clean it). We comply with ISO14001.
Nigel Rock is our Operations and Quality Manager, and has extensive experience in dealing with quality approvals and performance. He is a Chartered Engineer, a Chartered Quality Professional, a Fellow of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, a Member of the Chartered Quality Institute, and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Nigel has held a variety of senior roles in technology organisations in the automotive, aerospace and consultancy sectors, and has gained experience of the public sector both locally and nationally.